I. Collections of company social media policies and other background materials:
II. An unusually good law firm newsletter on social media legal developments (I have no connection with this firm):
Morrison and Foerster, "Socially Aware: The Social Media Law Update"
Sample newsletter at: http://www.mofo.com/files/Uploads/Images/120806-Socially-Aware.pdf
Sign-up page at: http://www.mofo.com/resources/
III. Federal Trade Commission materials:
- For the current FTC approach to consumer privacy, the best place to start is their publication from March 2012 on "Protecting Consumer Privacy in an Era of Rapid Change," which can be found at
- For FTC materials on endorsement guidelines, the best place to start is:
From there, you can find the current guidelines as well as FTC interprative guidance.
IV. National Labor Relations Board materials:
- Report of the Acting General Counsel Concerning Social Media Cases, August 18, 2011:
- Report of the Acting General Counsel Concerning Social Media Cases, January 24, 2012:
- Report of the Acting General Counsel Concerning Social Media Cases, May 30, 2012 (including, as an attachment, an approved corporate social media policy):